FF-IIIAD-38 Shot Peen Dry Tracer
** Must be mixed by user. In order to save on shipping costs this item is shipped in powder form. It must be mixed with one pint of methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) supplied by the user before use. ** See below for directions
Shot Peening improves metal and weldment resistance to fatigue, stress corrosion cracking and galling. To provide this benefit, it is important that shot peen coverage be uniform and complete. A liquid tracer (Fluoro-Finder III) provides a coating which is removed at a rate proportional to peening coverage, providing visual feedback on the uniformity and completeness of peening coverage. Fluoro-Finder III, has a pigment which fluoresces under ultraviolet light making the determination of the degree or percentage of coverage quick, easy and foolproof. Use of this tracer eliminates the need for 200-percent coverage in order to be assured of complete peening.
1. Open can and pour in 1/2 pint of MEK.
2. Shake vigorously for 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour in another 1/2 pint of MEK.
4. Shake again, ready to use.
5. Coat test piece and let dry.
6. Shot peen.
7. Inspect with black light.
8. There should be no FF-IIIAD if shot peening is complete.